I can think of a bunch of reasons why someone would list their home during the craze of ye ole’ holidaze.
Here are just a few…..
- Sales pick up due to the school semester ending. Families can move without interrupting the kid’s schooling.
- People are in the buying spirit because of the holidays.
- In most places, it is better moving weather versus the Summer heat.
- People who are buying in the holidays are usually serious buyers because no one wants to go through the house hunting and moving hustles unless they are truly motivated! So you get less competition because less houses on the market and you get more serious and qualified buyers!
- The final month of the year drives corporate relocations therefore leading to higher buyer count and the lower inventory based on “most” sellers not wanting to list during the holiday.
- Homes feel like magic when decorated for the holidays.
- Interest rates are on the rise so the buyers are out looking NOW!
- Less Competition = Higher Sales Price
- The number one reason that a seller should introduce a home for sale on the open market during this time of year, is a basic derivative of Economics 101: the law of supply and demand. If there are fewer houses available for sale because most sellers incorrectly think that this is a bad time of year, that creates a shortage of available homes. This in turn, creates scarcity in the mind of homebuyers, and can actually have an upward pressure on prices, albeit temporarily.
- A lot of companies give their employees time off work for the holiday season, which means potential buyers have more time for showings.
- Many people purposely choose to purchase a home before the new year to receive a tax write off. Home buyers who close before the end of the year could be eligible for tax credits, such as deductions for home mortgage interest, real estate taxes, and PMI premiums.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
- Homes advertised correctly online during this time get significantly more exposure than the average home because people are sitting on their arses watching The Voice at night and surfing the internet.
- Lenders aren’t as busy this time of year, and less volume could mean faster approval.
If you want to get a jump on your competition prior to the New Year, then I’ve got somethin’ for ya!
It’s the perfect way to jump start your 2018 by working with real self qualified sellers.
This is one of the most popular things I do because of the huge success rate of my clients and the number of listings they take.
It’s a very personalized and customized program for each individual so the on-on-one attention is a big part of it’s success.
That’s why it’s only open to the first 25 agents that sign up.
Sign Me Up Jim >> GET MORE LISTINGS
Do the real work with power and purpose
PS. Trying to compete with all the crazed lunatics that are dialing for dollars and cold calling in January is ridiculous. GET YOURS NOW!